Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Old News

Oh by the way I'm in college now.

The whole high school thing actually worked out ok.  I wore the weird dress thing, didn't trip, said some words, got a diploma, took a million pictures with my family, and left.

I didn't cry, though.

The summer went by entirely too quickly.  It took me much longer to pack than I thought it would.  Organizing isn't exactly my strong point.  I decided that small boxes would be the best way to make my craft/art supplies contained and accessible in my new room.

I did not think that it would take up that much space.  I was so wrong.
Also, it's hard to categorize such things.

"well, yeah, this drawer should have all of the fabric and glass and balsa wood and also buttons and tissue paper and...  they all go together, of course."

Essentially, even when it feels organized to me, it doesn't look that way to anyone else.


After a series of summer adventures, I drove the rest of the way to college with one of my friends.
Then commenced the week-long gauntlet of ice-breaker and team-building activities.  Most of these were actually not that bad.  The worst ones are when you have to say facts about yourself.  That's when I go blank.

It's so difficult.  This is where you actually have a chance to affect what others think about you solely based on what you think they should know.  And this is where I panic.  I usually end up saying something really weird and not that important.  Which I guess really is all anyone needs in order to actually know me.

The daunting trials of orientation week paled quickly in comparison to actually starting classes.  Writing this is a form of advanced procrastination.  I need to study for an exam now.  What is life.

-Kelly L.

No comments:

Post a Comment