Saturday, June 29, 2013

This is how I get closure on a crazy school year.

The end of June is a pretty good time for an "end of the school year" post, right?
I've only been out of school since May 29, and it's June 29, so that's not too bad.
     I do have some excuses for not writing sooner, though...
  • The week after school I had to recover from all the stress of finals week... or maybe I just had to get some closure on the year by making a paper mache bowl out of my History book. 
  • Then the next week my sister graduated from high school.  I may or may not be extremely jealous of her.
  • Then the week after that, I started taking an online class.  So much for having a summer break.
  • The same week I started taking driver's ed classes which were a total drag, and I am so glad to be done with that.
  • Then the next week I went to WI camp meeting at Wakonda.  That is the best week of the year. Always.  I could write about it for ages, which I may do later this week...otherwise just talk to me if you want to hear about it.
  • Then this past week I came home again and finished driver's ed, passed my permit test, and have been practicing driving with my dad.  I think he's reconsidering the wisdom of letting me drive on a road with a speed limit of 55mph on my second day behind the wheel. 
So the 2012-2013 year was a great cliche school year.  It had its ups and downs.  I learned a lot, mostly from people, not textbooks.  But I did learn some new things from my books, too.  I was pretty busy most of the time, and my friends just started to assume that I would bring my homework with me if we were going to hang out on Saturday night.  I got to participate in volleyball, basketball, robotics, and the city youth orchestra.
         The most sleepless parts of my week were Monday nights in January and February.  I would go to basketball practice right after school, and head straight to orchestra from there, get home around 9, and have robotics at 6am.  Homework happened somewhere, probably.  Enough about school, though, I only have two months left of summer.

I'm going to be pretty busy (I use those words together a lot) the rest of the summer.  I will be home for a total of 9 days this July, and hopefully I will be able to fill you in later on my adventures.  Pictures will accompany my ramblings, if all goes well.

Kelly L.

**I apologize now for errors in spelling/grammar...  I would proofread this... but I don't have time for that;)  **

No comments:

Post a Comment