Sunday, September 8, 2013

Life is Crazy

This post will bring an end to the unintentional summer hiatus of my blog.

I started school on Tuesday, Sept. 3.  It was not fun.  I am really looking forward to this school year being over.

On Saturday, August. 31,  my mom and I were in MI visiting my grandparents.  I may not have mentioned this on the blog yet, but in May my grandma was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  They had said a few weeks ago that she only had about a month or so left.

So we were going to visit, and my mom wanted me to help work on a slideshow for the funeral.  I hadn't added funeral slideshow making to my repertoire of skills yet, and I really was not looking forward to doing so.  It's a much more emotionally difficult task than usual slideshows.  Nothing I wanted to ever have a reason to try.

That morning, I was getting ready for church, and decided to wear makeup.  I usually don't bother with mascara, but for some reason I did that day.  The moment I brushed it onto my left eyelashes, I immediately regretted it.  I thought of how I was supposed to work on that slideshow after church, and decided it was a bad day for mascara as I followed through and brushed it onto my right eye's lashes.

Sunday, Sept. 1 was the last day we got to be with grandma.  It really seems unbelievable.

I went to school the next two days in a bit of a daze, skipped the third day and most of the fourth day of school to go to the funeral.

It's been a week, and every day has been a terrible day for mascara.


I miss you.

-Kelly L.

No comments:

Post a Comment