Wednesday, September 25, 2013

This One Time In High School...

  • Our volleyball coach said in part of an inspirational "play your best now; you can't do this later" speech that in ten years we would all have jobs and kids.  Sorry Coach, no guarantees.  There are a lot of variables there that I cannot control.
  • I went to school camp, aka the "High School Retreat," which means being stuck with all of the other little chilluns who I see every weekday, but on the weekend.  That of course makes it a much better bonding experience.  Normal weekends away from school are certainly not to maintain our sanity, that would be a ridiculous concept.  It's really a good thing we have school camp.  I might not be friends with the people who were already my friends if we didn't.  It also helped me stay acquaintances with my acquaintances, and even "who exactly is that?" with my "who exactly is thats?"
  • The Student Government Association decided to let me be their secretary this year.  No one else wanted to be, but still, they could have voted me down.  This means I get to take notes and not be considered a nerd--oh wait, still a nerd.  but a sanctioned nerd.
  • (speaking of which) On the way to a Junior Rotarian meeting, we were told that it would be a good idea to take notes.  My friends said they didn't bring notebooks. "It's ok, I have three."  Let's just say I also had enough pens for everyone in the 8-passenger vehicle.


-Kelly L.

No comments:

Post a Comment