Saturday, October 26, 2013

This is a filler.

I haven't written anything in a while, because... (this is the part where I got distracted and started scrolling through pinterest for 7 mins) ... I've been busy, of course.

The volleyball season was pretty time-consuming, and it just ended on (opens up Calendar) Monday, Oct. 21.  Highlights of the season were the few wins we had, our loss against Cook County in which we played incredibly well as a team, some of the bus rides, a spontaneous after-game ice cream run with friends, and evaluating other teams' warm-up playlists. (checks Facebook involuntarily)

side note: I'm a senior so this was my last volleyball season.  I started in eight grade so here, look at these pictures.  It's like those old pictures recreated years later, except there's only five years difference, which hasn't accounted for much.  If this were a 'spot the differences' game, there would be about 3:
  1. Change of jerseys (because I switched schools)
  2. The braces (hallelujah)
  3. Wait never mind: there's just two.

(checks email even though I can see that the number of messages in my inbox hasn't changed since I started writing)

Besides volleyball, robotics has finally started up again.  At this point we're just meeting Monday mornings at 6:00.  We have about 6 or so new team members at this point.  I think this season will be a great experience for everyone who has decided to commit to it, and I can't wait to see what we will accomplish.

(checks twitter)

In other news, basketball is starting soon!  We had our first team meeting with (2/3 of) the coaches, and we just need a few more players to have both varsity and JV teams.  (makes a list of players to see how close we are. One maybe two players away) If we don't get enough people, we'll just have a varsity team.  Which isn't the best because everyone will get less playing time and we won't have all of the games that were originally on the schedule.  Needless to say I really hope we have more girls join the team.  Either way I think we will still have a fun season.

Orchestra isn't the biggest time-consuming activity, but it still counts for something.  We had our first concert of the year last Saturday (checks calendar again) the 19th.  It was a Halloween concert, (the secular, it burns! 0_0  )  but it was alright.  We played music from Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom of the Opera. (looks up how to properly write the titles of films, etc.)

Yeah, I think that's just about it.
Oh wait no, I also go to school, that's kind of a big deal.
And I've been working on college applications. (ADSDFGKJSAJHJFSLDJBAHF----send help)

-Kelly L.

No comments:

Post a Comment