Sunday, July 14, 2013

"Can I touch your hair?"

I hear that question a lot.
It's not completely normal, but I'm used to it.  Or what I mean to say is, I'm used to friends and new acquaintances asking me if they can touch my hair.  I may just have weird friends, but then they do  too, because they have me. 

Since my friends are so...quirky... I'm reasonably accustomed to people asking me such questions about my hair.  However, I don't really like when people go ahead and touch my hair without asking.  It may just be vanity, but I'm still not a fan of uncalled-for hair-touching.

On my way to Washington, D. C. last week, I had to walk through one of those security body scanners which make you feel all kinds of violated.  After that, I was gonna keep walking and get my shoes and backpack.  I was feeling awkward after the scan dealio and just wanted to keep going right away---no such luck.  The TSA agent has me stop so she can wait for the scan image to load---I can deal with that.  Then she walks up to me and says she has to touch my hair.  She proceeds to pat down my hair before letting me leave.

Well, that happened.  As I collected my shoes and repacked my flight-friendly 3oz bottles of everything into my carry-on bag, I was thinking about the rules and regulations of airports.  Sure, I'm happy to have my hair searched if it keeps people safe.  But I just don't understand what about that keratinous rat's nest couldn't be seen by their scanner.  I have super-hair.

That is all.

-Kelly L.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am guilty of touching your hair. Sorry :( I can't believe that happened at the security!! wow!!! I love your hair and you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete